Does your waist line measure more than 40 inches? Do you want to have that six-packed abs? Do you want to feel as energetic as you were before in your early twenties? If your answer is "yes" even to one of the questions mentioned above, then now is the best time to start planning for a healthy weight loss diet that will help you bring that beer-belly free abs back into your life.
According to a statement released by the Weight Control Information Network, an information service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, one way to determine your health risk is by measuring your waist.
Your waistline will not tell you that you are overweight, instead it will tell you that you already have excess deposits of fat on your belly. Excess fat raises your health risk for diabetes, heart problems, hypertension and stroke. In fact, it was noted that men who waist line measures more than 40 inches has a higher risk for developing the aforementioned problems than those who do not.
So, how do you get rid of your beer belly?
1. Avoid consuming too much alcohol. Beer belly is usually seen in men who drink lots of alcohol, so the term beer belly. This is because alcohol is a major source of calories – about 125 calories per two ounces of liquor, according to the Weight Control Information Network. Controlling your liquor take means gaining more control of your weight.
2. Adjust the portion sizes of your food. To gain more control of your weight, you must learn to adjust the proportion sizes of the food you put within your digestive system. Check the amount of food per serving you are about to eat and adapt the just-one-serving policy into your diet. Chewing your food slowly will also be a big help in reducing you intake.
The satiety center, a portion of your brain that tells you that you already have enough, can have the chance to signal you to stop when you eat and chew slowly. On the other hand, you will not be able to feel the signal of your satiety center if you are eating fast. You will just realize that you are already full when you have more than enough.
3. Do not forget your greens and you fruits too! Eating more greens and fruits increases you fiber intake. In turn, eating lots of fibers can make you feel satisfied faster. So why not start making your menu greener and fruity? It does not only add color to your food, it makes you healthy and fit too.
4. Have enough good-night's sleep. In a study presented in June 2010 by the American Society of Clinical Nutrition, it has been noted that an acute partial sleep deprivation can increase food intake in a healthy man. So watching the late night shows and staying out late will not do you any good when it comes to your appetite. You want to eat less? Sleep early.
5. Exercise more to eat less. If you think that exercise will make you eat more, think again. In a study published in 1997 by Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, it has been noted that there is a suppression of hunger after intestinal exercise. Exercise will not only burn your excess fats, it can also stop you from eating more!
Losing weight is not just diet modification. The total change of lifestyle is still the best way to decrease your appetite.